Monday, October 8, 2012

The Glorious Book

I am lucky enough to live and work directly across the street from Powell's Bookstore which...sorry to risk offending other independent stores---is the very best bookstore in the world. Powell's recently installed the Espresso Book Press where people can self-publish their work right in front of their eyes and get a copy that is literally hot off the press.

My friend and fellow writing group member, Laura Stanfill, is releasing a book through Espresso Press called, "Brave on the Page: Oregon Writers on Craft and the Creative Life." I am proud to say that I am one of the contributors so this post is a plug for Laura, a plug for independent bookstores, a plug for self-publishing, and yeah, a plug for me as well.

Check out the very cool process at Laura's blog:

http://laurastanfill.wordpress.com/2012/10/08/its-release-day-prizes-prizes-prizes/

No comments: